Whether planning to undergo a more extensive skincare treatment or looking to give your face a fresh and youthful glow, dermaplaning is one of the best ways to rejuvenate the skin for an improved appearance and increased self-confidence. Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona offers the procedure in a comfortable setting for fast and effective results.
*Individual Results May Vary
About Dermaplaning for Facial Rejuvenation
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe exfoliating procedure that removes dead skin and fine hair (peach fuzz) by gently lifting away dead cells to promote a healthier turnover of cells, which will subsequently produce healthier and younger-looking skin.
The treatment involves a strong face cleanse, which is designed to remove dirt, debris, and excess oils. Meanwhile, the dermaplaning procedure itself is completed with the use of a specialized surgical blade that essentially scrapes the fine hairs and dead skin cells from the skin’s surface.
Dermaplaning also triggers cell regeneration as the body naturally replenishes the cells that have been removed from the top layers of the skin. The cosmetic procedure is also known as microplaning or blading, while it can also be used by individuals with;
- Acne skin.
- All skin types, including dry and dull.
- Fine wrinkles.
- Sun-damaged skin.
The facial rejuvenation process is one of the simplest cosmetic treatments on the market.
Benefits of Professional Dermaplaning
In addition to being a quick, simple, and affordable facial rejuvenation treatment, dermaplaning is a popular exfoliation-based treatment for a wide range of reasons. The most telling benefits include;
- The exfoliation and removal of dead skin cells will uncover fresher, smoother, younger-looking skin with immediate results.
- Cell regeneration elements ensure that the rewards continue to come for days to follow.
- The treatment is completed in a matter of minutes, while large areas of the face can be treated at once.
- It actively encourages the face to repair itself from acne scars and other imperfections.
- Dermaplaning can be used in conjunction with an extensive range of other facial rejuvenation treatments.
- The process can be completed as often as once every four weeks if you deem it necessary.
Aside from rejuvenating the skin, dermaplaning is a good hair removal treatment with no downtime. Dr. Weyer and the Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona can provide the service as a one-off procedure or an ongoing solution.
Am I a Candidate for Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is one of the safest skin rejuvenation treatments on the market and may be used by individuals with any skin type, tone, or condition. Meanwhile, pregnant women can embrace the procedure at Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona too.
You may find that dermaplaning is a good investment if you;
- Feel unhappy at the visible presence of acne scarring.
- Notice that the skin feels dull and damaged by dead cells on the top layers.
- Want your skin to regain a youthful glow.
- Will be undergoing another skin treatment.
- Appreciate the limitations of the dermaplaning process.
While the treatment is available for men and women, the former should know that it cannot be used in areas where facial hair grows. Still, the forehead and upper cheeks can still regain a youthful and healthy glow.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to learn more about dermaplaning, then it is time to take the next step and schedule a consultation. Licensed aestheticians Angela Paez and Kristen Holmes at Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona would love to meet with you and help you begin your journey. Fill out the form on this page or call our Tucson location at 520-207-3100 or our Sierra Vista location at 520-458-1787. We look forward to meeting you soon.