Often, dermatologists and plastic surgeons do similar, overlapping work that help patients look and feel their best and sometimes even perform some of the same procedures. However, they have different training and experience. Some treatments are best performed by a dermatologist, while others require the expertise of a plastic surgeon and some procedures benefit from the expertise of both! Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona is a comprehensive, dual specialty practice with practitioners that specialize in both dermatology and plastic surgery. This allows us to address all of your skin, cosmetic, and reconstructive needs with the highest standards of care and compassion. The benefits of visiting a practice that specializes in both dermatology and plastic surgery include:
- “One stop” for all your skin, reconstructive and cosmetic needs.
Patients love that if they need a skin cancer screening or are suffering from hyperpigmentation or rosacea and want to discuss skin resurfacing, cosmetic surgery or injectables, they can do it all at one place.
- Dual specialties allows for a comprehensive approach utilizing different training, philosophies and techniques to get you the best results.
The best results happen when people with different backgrounds and training put their heads together to come up with the best solution. Our dermatologists and plastic surgeon approach things differently, which is great for a collaborative effort to help our patients.
- Integrated treatment plans for medical, reconstructive and cosmetic needs with multiple medical opinions in one stop.
Combining dermatology procedures with plastic surgery procedures can help you look and feel your best.
There are several types of conditions that typically benefit from a plastic surgeon and dermatologist being in the same office, including:
- Mohs surgery by our dermatologist in conjunction with a plastic surgeon doing the closure..
- Acne, acne scarring, and general scars.
- Overall skincare and skincare treatments (skincare products, injectables, laser, peels).
To learn more about our office and the procedures we offer or to schedule your consultation with Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Moenster or Board-Certified Dermatologist Dr. Weyer, please fill out the form on this page. You can call our Tucson location at 520-207-3100 or our Sierra Vista location at 520-458-1787. We look forward to seeing you soon!