COVID-19 PRACTICE UPDATE:
Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona is committed to providing safe, high-quality, and individualized care that prioritizes not just your skin but your entire well-being. The current pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has permeated our daily lives and activities. Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona is taking precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of this new virus. We are closely monitoring the situation and adhering to all relevant CDC guidelines.
Please read below to see what measures we are taking to safeguard your health and for suggestions on how you can best protect yourself, your family, and your local community.
Our protocols and procedures are intended to screen for healthy patients. Please do not defer your skin care (especially those with potentially cancerous conditions) out of fear for COVID-19. Our staff, physicians, and medical providers are available during this uncertain time to take care of you.
What we are doing to protect you:
- We have implemented a new protocol where all hard surfaces, armrests on waiting chairs, and door handles are disinfected hourly, using EPA-registered disinfectants that have qualified under EPA’s emerging viral pathogens program for use against SARS-CoV-2 (a.k.a. the COVID-19 coronavirus).
- As has always been our protocol, all patient examination rooms are cleaned and disinfected after each patient encounter.
- Our goal is to protect and care for all of our patients, so we urge you to reschedule if you have any symptoms of an upper respiratory infection (cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath). To ease the burden, we are not charging no-show or cancellation fees during the COVID-19 outbreak. We will also work with you to reschedule at a time that is convenient for you after you are symptom-free. Even if your provider is booked out far in advance, you will be prioritized to be rescheduled.
- Waiting rooms are equipped with masks and hand sanitizers. Please make use of these to prevent the spread of illness or if you suspect you have come into contact with someone who is sick.
Ways you can help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Please call ahead to inform us if you have symptoms of respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat or shortness of breath) so that we may reschedule your appointment to a time when you are feeling well again.
- For everyone’s safety, we urge you to limit those who accompany you to your visit (such as children or friends).
- Washing your hands often and thoroughly is the best way to protect yourself and others. Wash hands for at least 20 seconds making sure to scrub your palms, backs of your hands, between fingers and under your nails. Please see the CDC website for any additional guidance on handwashing (https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html).
During these unprecedented and uncertain times, we are committed to providing you with the quality care you have always expected from Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona. Our medical providers and professional staff stand ready to provide you with the care and experience you need, in an environment that is safe.
More information on COVID-19 can be found at www.coronavirus.gov.com.
New and established patients can connect with us from the comfort of home for routine office visits and cosmetic consultations. Receive a diagnosis, treatment plan, and prescription electronically submitted to your pharmacy – all through a virtual dermatology or cosmetic visit.
“I love Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona! In this time of uncertainty and change, they were able to evaluate a few spots of concern and ease my mind by viewing it through my phone. The platform they use is extremely simple. No registration. No complications. Such a wonderful experience! Thank you DPSAZ for taking great care of me!” – Satisfied Patient
How To Get Started
Schedule Your Appointment: Please call us to book your TeleHealth appointment at a specific date and time with your selected provider.
Upon scheduling your TeleHealth appointment, you will receive one email or text message from us. This email or text message will have one link to access the HIPAA compliant TeleHealth portal. On the day and time of your TeleHealth appointment, just simply click the link and enter your name. It’s that simple!
TeleHealth Q & A
A: Ideal issues to be addressed using TeleHealth include cases of acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, skin discoloration, rashes, melasma, spot checks, and itchy skin. Cosmetic consultations can also be done via TeleHealth. Urgent medical and surgical appointments must still be scheduled for an in-person appointment. If you have an emergency, call 911.
A: TeleHealth visits are covered by Medicare and many insurance plans (check your specific plan for coverage). If the patient is uninsured or their insurance denies the claim, we offer self-pay pricing!
A: Yes! A parent or guardian must be present for all TeleHealth visits at this time.
Q: Can I choose which doctor I want to see via TeleHealth?
A: You may schedule your TeleHealth appointment with the physician or provider of your choice. Please note that some of our providers may not be available every day, but we are happy to accommodate you the best we can.
A: Call our office immediately if you need to cancel or reschedule.
A: TeleHealth visits can be conducted through laptops/desktops (with camera and Chrome v46 or newer; Mozilla Firefox v42 or newer), iPhone (iOS 11 or newer), Android (Android 7 or newer), or web browser.
Products are available for pickup and purchase online. To order skin care products, call us at:
Sierra Vista: 520-458-1787
To purchase ZO Skin Health online and ship directly to your door, visit:
To purchase Revision Skincare online and ship FREE directly to your door, visit:
Tucson: (520) 207-3100
Sierra Vista: (520) 458-1787
698 East Wetmore, Suite #310,
Tucson, AZ 85705
150 S. Coronado Dr. Ste. 110
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635