The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported that in 2018 more than a quarter-million Americans underwent liposuction procedures. So many people are looking to improve their appearance and their self-confidence with this amazing treatment. Liposuction is a great investment in your body contour, but one of the first few questions that arise among people contemplating liposuction is, “How much does it cost?” Let’s take a brief look at what is involved in the cost of liposuction.
What Factors Influence the Cost?
As with any type of surgery, there are three main factors that contribute to the overall cost of liposuction surgery:
- The surgeon’s experience and expertise. More experienced and more highly sought after surgeons generally have higher rates for their skill and expertise.
- The geographical location of the surgeon’s office. Like the cost of living, the cost of surgical care varies from state to state and region to region.
- The amount of work that you need to have done. All surgeries are customized for your own particular needs. The number of areas that are being treated, the amount of fat being removed, and whether or not you are combining liposuction with a tuck, lift, or augmentation will influence the cost of your individual treatment.
Liposuction Consultations Available
In addition to these three factors, the fees you pay will include some or even all of the following:
- Surgeon’s fees
- Hospital or surgical center costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Post-surgical garments
- Post-surgical medications
With all of these things in mind, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported that in 2018, the average cost of liposuction was $3500 per area being treated. It is extremely important for patients to know that insurance plans do not cover the cost of liposuction or its complications because it is considered an elective cosmetic procedure. However, most providers have financing options that will make this confidence-building procedure more attainable for their patients. The best way to discover the exact cost of a liposuction procedure that is customized to your needs is to schedule an in-person consultation with Dr. Jamie Moenster at Dermatology and Plastic Surgery of Arizona.
“Dermatology and plastics of Arizona Is rated a 5 star they are extremely professional, friendly knowledgeable ,and really care about your health. they will take time with you and let you ask any questions. I highly recommend this place for your skin care” *
Take The Next Step
Are you ready to look and feel your best? Are you ready to learn more about liposuction? If so, the time is right for you to schedule a consultation with plastic surgeon, Dr. Jamie Moenster, to develop a treatment plan that is customized to your individual needs. You can schedule a consultation with Dr. Jamie Moenster at Dermatology and Plastic Surgery of Arizona by calling the Tucson office at 520-207-3100 or the Sierra Vista location at 520-458-1787. You may also schedule an appointment by completing the form on this page. Our offices are conveniently located at 698 East Wetmore, Suite #310 in Tucson, Arizona and 150 South Coronado Drive Suite #110 in Sierra Vista, Arizona.