If you’re unhappy with the size or shape of your breasts, you’re most likely a candidate for breast augmentation. Breast augmentation is a great way to enhance the size or shape of the breasts.
You may be a candidate for breast augmentation if:
- You are physically healthy and you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You feel that your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss or with aging
- You are unhappy with your lack of cleavage
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
- You are over the age of 18
Should you wait until after having children to undergo a breast augmentation? Some patients worry that undergoing a breast augmentation will impede their ability to breastfeed later in life or may require another surgery after children to fix the breast. Doctors assure that most women do not encounter issues breastfeeding after augmentation and most do not need additional surgery.
A breast augmentation is a highly personal procedure and should only be considered and done for you – not to please or satisfy someone else. Candidates are women who have a thorough understanding of the procedure, including its risks, benefits and costs. A breast augmentation will not correct excessivley sagging or drooping breasts – a breast lift may be needed instead of or in conjunction with augmentation.
To learn more about breast augmentation, or to schedule your consultation with Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Moenster, please fill out the form on this page. You can call our Tucson location at 520-207-3100 or our Sierra Vista location at 520-458-1787. We look forward to seeing you soon!