We consider it a privilege that you have chosen us for your dermatology and cosmetic needs. Quality care for our patients is our priority. We schedule our appointments in a way that each patient receives the appropriate amount of time to be seen by our physicians and staff. This is why it is very important that you keep your scheduled appointment with us and arrive on time. Please take a few minutes to review our dermatology and cosmetic consultation fee policy. If you have any questions, please let us know.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify us of the cancellation at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice you will be charged a “no-show” cancellation fee for your appointment of the following amount:
- Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Appointments: $50
- Cosmetic Consultation Appointments: $100
- Excision and Mohs Surgery Appointments: $100
Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona charges a $100 cosmetic consultation fee for those seeking treatment for a cosmetic procedure. Your consultation is with one of our highly qualified providers who will take the necessary time to answer all your questions and address all concerns. The $100 fee is then applied to your surgery or procedure. If you should choose not to go forward with your surgery or procedure, your $100 can be applied toward a different cosmetic procedure of your choice, so you never lose the money. These cosmetic procedures include Botox, fillers, laser, microneedling, skin care treatments, etc.
Payment is due at the time of scheduling. The cosmetic consultation fee is non-refundable.
We understand that situations arise in which you must cancel your appointment. Patients who do not show up for their appointment or call to cancel/reschedule at least 24 hours prior to their appointment, will be considered a “no-show”. If you are considered a “no-show”, your credit card will be charged the $100 cosmetic consultation fee. This consultation fee will be forfeited to the practice and a new fee will be required to reschedule your cosmetic consultation.
Definition of a “No-Show” Appointment
Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona defines a “no-show” appointment as any scheduled appointment in which the patient either:
- Does not arrive to the appointment
- Cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Arrives more than 10 minutes late and is consequently unable to be seen
Impact of a “No-Show” Appointment
“No-show” appointments have a significant negative impact on our practice and the healthcare we provide to our patients. When a patient “no-shows” a scheduled appointment it:
- Potentially jeopardizes the health of the “no-showing” patient
- Is unfair (and frustrating) to other patients that would have taken the appointment slot
- Disrespects not only the provider’s time, but also the time of the entire clinic staff
How to Avoid Getting a “No-Show”
- Confirm Your Appointment As a courtesy, and to help patients remember their scheduled appointments, Dermatology & Plastic Surgery of Arizona sends text message reminders 3 days, and 1 day in advance of the appointment time.
- Arrive 5-10 Minutes Early When you schedule an office visit with us, we expect you to arrive at our practice 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled visit. This allows time for you and our staff to address any billing questions and/or to complete or update any necessary paperwork before the scheduled visit.
- Give 24 Hours’ Notice if You Need to Cancel/Reschedule If your schedule changes and you cannot keep your appointment, please contact us so we may reschedule you, and accommodate those patients who are waiting or an appointment. As a courtesy to our office, as well as to those patients who are waiting to schedule with the physician, please give us at least 24 hours’ notice. If you do not cancel or reschedule your appointment with at least 24 hours’ notice, we will assess the following “no show” service charge based on your appointment type:
$100 – Cosmetic Consultation Appointment
Consequences of “No-Show” Appointments
If you accrue 3 consecutive “no-shows” to your appointment, our practice may decide to terminate its relationship with you.
- Patient dismissal is at the discretion of your medical provider
- If you are dismissed from the practice, your remaining scheduled appointments will be canceled
- Only emergency medical treatment will be offered within the first 30 days of dismissal
- Reapplication to the clinic after a six-month period after the initial dismissal letter will be considered by your medical provider